The Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants (AFCC) was looking to upgrade it’s old and tired website in order to achieve a number of objectives, including:
•Increase AFCC membership who currently represents 65% of celebrants in Australia. Want to increase this percentage
• The old website was dated, not responsive, aesthetically unappealing, with too much information that is confusing to visitors
• The old website had no clear navigation pathways for the different target audiences, being AFCC members, celebrants who are potential new members, and the general public (direct clients) who are looking for a celebrant
• The colours in the old website did not match with red and grey of the AFCC logo
• The members’ sign-in area of the current website was difficult to navigate
• The old website did not offer a chat forum to members.
With internal surveys, most members did not have the highest of computer skills, so designing an easy to navigate website that did not discourage was the key.
Through this research realised that the chances of the member having their own website were not likely, so incorporated a mini-site for each member within the AFCC site with their yearly subscription.
The site was designed to balance a modern look but also keep traditional functionality eg. tabbed pages helped members travel around the site y having the menu visible at all times.